March 15, 2016

What I See: 26 Years Later

http://tidido.com/a35184374075663/al55f0a451a5f39075734622fa/t55f0a453a5f390757346239d
It's been 26 years since I started writing in the survivalist genre.  Back then, I gave the country 6 years before a total collapse, based on my experiences with the 1987 Stock Market Crash and resulting recession.


Turns out TPTB have managed to keep kicking the can down the road.

Funny part about it was that 1996 was the year I found a job with a New England R&D firm that had some of the most advanced electronic systems I've ever had the pleasure of working on.  Twenty years later I still remember a lot of the system details, and have seen a few bits and pieces make their way into the consumer sector.

1996 was also the year the Montana Freemen had their run in, and by 1999 most everyone in the Patriot/Militia movement went back to sleep.  Even the Feds figured that one out:

"Law enforcement personnel should be aware of the fact that the majority of militias are reactive, as opposed to proactive. Reactive militia groups are generally not a threat to law enforcement or the public. These militias may indeed believe that some type of NWO scenario may be imminent in the year 2000, but they are more inclined to sit back and wait for it to happen. They will stockpile their guns and ammunition and food, and wait for the government to curtail their liberties and take away their guns. When the expected NWO tragedy does not take place, these reactive militias will simply continue their current activities, most of which are relatively harmless. They will not overreact to minor disruptions of electricity, water and other public services."
Those of you who were around back then might recall those words from the FBI's Project Megiddo Report, when everyone and their sister's dog was running around worried about something called "Y2K".  Have things changed any, other than the name, in 16 years?  Not if "No Fort Sumters", the MV/SK Love Fest, and the recent lack of adult supervision in Oregon are any indications.

What I see, 26 years later, is a slow steady decline that has somehow managed to avoid turning into a total collapse so far.  Obviously there is a group out there, maybe a few of them, with some pull and resources who like to keep up the appearance of the status quo.  I see a bunch of "3%ers" ignoring history and repeating the mistakes of the past.  And I also see a few people who seem to have their act together, and that I'm hoping will turn out OK.

So, for the time being,  I'll be here at Casa Giardino di REDACTED Hog Farm & Industrial Artist Studio doing the writing thing.  I've also have two communications workshops in Wyoming and one in South Carolina this year.  I may try for a third one in Wyoming, and if there's enough interest, and enough people who can afford the nominal amount, I'll drive or fly out to wherever and do one in your town. And of course there's Signal-3 Newsletter where some of the more interesting technical stuff will show up.

Work on your survival and information/intelligence-gathering skills. Learn a good trade. Keep putting preps aside.  Keep your ear to the ground, and listen.  Don't worry about 90% of the BS you read on the blogsphere.  It's been going on longer than many of the websites that "report" on it.

4 comments:

  1. MV/SK love fest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was being sarcastic, but watching those two and their assorted supporters/detractors go at one another was like watching a soap opera.

      Of course, everything else considered equal, wouldn't surprise me if the two of them we're in on it together. Like Oscar Wilde said, "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."

      Delete
  2. I remember the Y2K scare well. I even worked overtime that New Years eve. I really did not expect anything to happen. Nevertheless most of brought guns to work, just in case. I got off at 10 and went home. My wife had both bath tubs full of water. I watched an Elvis movie on TV. I looked down at my cell phone. It was 12:02 AM. I checked the landline. It was still working. Time to have another beer. Much ado about nothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did Y2K compliance evaluations for a telecommunications company, and by 1999 90% of their equipment was already Y2K compliant, often by way of the equipment not caring what date it was.

      The most interesting Y2K problem I saw was an old Schlumberger console at a gas station that rolled back to 1980. The console worked just fine, but the gas station ordered a delivery automatically on a specific day of the so the product delivery was off a few days. It was an independent station, and the owner didn't like replacing things until they were absolutely necessary. He just set a year that followed the same day/date format as 2000, and ran the thing another few years until parts were no longer available to fix it.

      Delete