The test bed consists of the following items:
- Signal Generator
- RD Power Meter (Wattmeter)
- Dummy Load
- Power suppy
- Connecting wires and coaxial cable jumpers.
- RF adapters: N, BNC, PL-259/SO-239
- Frequency Counter
A set of fused test leads ending on a pair of 30 amp rated clips are used for testing anything that doesn't have an Anderson Powerpole connector on it. Note how there is a length of black electrical tape wrapped around one lead. That's the negative connection. With DC power, always mark your negative (- or black) and positive (+ or red) leads properly. Actually, I should have used black primary wire for the negative lead, but didn't have any handy. Thus the use of the black tape.
Not shown except in the periphery are assorted coax cable jumpers and adapters for hooking the radio up to the test equipment.
For testing purposes, this equipment set-up enables you to do the following:
- Check receive sensitivity.
- Check RF transmit power output.
- Check RF transmit frequency.
- Perform these tests on radio equipment operating from 160 to 2 meters.