Having your gear put together into a proper kit is as important as getting the gear itself.
This is but one example of a radio kit, put together by the author. It offers HF-to-UHF amateur band transceive coverage, and auxiliary receive coverage from 100 KHz. to 1.3 GHz.
- Yaesu FT-817 HF/VHF/UHF amateur radio transceiver.
- LDG Z-11Pro HF- 6 meter tuner
- Anytone TERMN-8R VHF/UHF amateur radio transceiver (No longer available. Link is for comparable Anytone NSTIG-8R.)
- Icom IC-R5 communications receiver (Discontinued. Icom IC-R6 is current model.)
- Tac-Comm Tactical Radio Carrier
Specific makes and models are irrelevant as long as the equipment serves its purpose in an adequate and reliable manner.
With the radios taken care of, what's now needed is electrical power, antennas, and related accessories. That will be the topic of a future post.