March 17, 2016

Any sufficiently advanced technology...

  • When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
  • The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
  • Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
- Clarke's Three Laws, by Arthur C. Clarke
 With the above in mind, here are three books:





Back in the 1980s, I was living in an area that was notorious for "UFO" activity at the time. The county was and is so "active", it makes the top 300 list. While doing some VHF/UHF radio experimentation with old TV sets, I noticed an esoteric (at the time) form of radio modulation that occurred during the UFO activity. I suspected at the time that the UFOs were of terrestrial origin.  Fifteen years later, I happened to have dinner with one of the pilots that was involved in said experimental aircraft tests in the area at the time, who confirmed my suspicions.  It was the third book on the list, published about two years before I discovered it in the library, that got me started.

You probably won't find anything otherworldly, but you definitely might find something interesting, as I did.

2 comments:

  1. I would give up a paycheck to get my hands on Paul Bennewitz's SIGINT collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aliens r us don't exist?

    ha human humor!

    Wildflower

    ReplyDelete